November 06, 2004

Helmet - Empty Bottle #609 (sold out)

haven't seen Helmet almost 10 years...and part of that is due to them not being together for most of that. was a great show last night (and the band only consists of 2 original members now). i actually got to say hi to page hamilton the lead singer and we talked briefly about meeting many years ago...(he seemed to remember once i mentioned the writer he was with and where...)

i am not one to really like much "heavy metal" music...but for some reason i've always enjoyed Helmet.

In 95 a few of the memebers came into the record store i worked at (My Generation)...and here's what i had wrote in my journal from that experience:

1/29/95 Helmet- The Odeon (cleveland)
"One word: Helmet. Yesterday was a dream come true. A local magazine writer brought 3 guys from Helmet into My Generation yesterday. We met them and the guitarist: Rob Echeverria put me on the list for the shwo. It turned out to be an incredible, memorable evening. My friend Jen & I went to the show and were on "the band's guest list". we also received ALL ACCESS passes so we got to go backstage and hang out with the band before & after the show. It was wonderful. These guys were so nice (& cute). they got ready for the show a few feet away from us (stretching, changing). It was heavenly. And then when the band went onstage, we got to stay on the side of the stage and watch the entire show. It was incredible. I had always dreamt of that. I sat there on the step on the side of the stage and just watched the band, the crowd & just loved being there. I was about 10 feet away from Page Hamilton (lead singer/guitarist). I just couldn't believe i was there & it all just came together in a matter of hours. Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Well that happened for sure yesterday...After the show we hung out & talked...It was such a great night. It was a dream come true. I'm still reeling in it all. I loved it all, every moment"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home